Saturday, May 21, 2011


Happy Saturday! I have a hunch that I've been posting too much, but whats a blog anyways if you don't post as much as you please, right? So anyways, I worked a short day today and got off at 2 and relaxed and awaited the world ending womp womp. We went to King Kullen tonight to grab a few things, I have stumbled upon the fact they will double $1 coupons, the only store in New York! The catch is they limit you only five $1 coupons they will actually double, everything else will just scan as the face value, boo. So I planned my list ahead of time and have Bart and I check out separately, although I really wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to be sneaky and feel like I was cheating the system, the sign clearly states five coupons (the $1 ones they double, $.99 ones and below they double everyday with like a 20 max limit) per PERSON, not household. I used one wagon and simply gave Bart a few items with coupons and checked out. All in all with in store sales and coupons we saved about 60% and spent only $14 on the items I took a picture of. The balance was a bit more if you factor in that I bought three tomatoes, two boxes of morning star products (on sale, and if I had a working printer I probably could have printed a coupon), and picked up two 2 liter cokes on sale for $.89, but not by much.



  1.  1 box DiGirono four cheese pizza (small)
  2. 2 boxes of Unlce Bens original rice
  3. 4 half gallons of Turkey Hill tea/lemonade 
  4. 2 boxes of Chex Mix cereal
  5. 1 2000 flushes toilet cleaner
  6. 1 Naturally Delicious bbq sauce
  7. 2 boxes of Ronzoni Garden delight pasta
  8. 1 (dozen) carton of eggs


 I'm pretty excited about this trip, but I think I'll stick to Shop Rite or Stop and Shop, although King Kullen will double $1 coupons, the other stores sales are always much better. I think tomorrow I'll make a stop at Shop Rite, it's super close to the house and I can turn my recycling in before hand and put it towards our shop. On the way home we stopped by McDonalds to pick up our free frozen strawberry lemonades, I still have one coupon left along with a few $1 off the frappes they have, yum! I'm  having the girls from work come over tomorrow night for some drinks, snacks and a movie. So excited! Also, feel free to comment me guys, I like feedback from people so I fee like I'm not talking to the wall (which on most days you may catch me talking to myself) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment