Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's been hard keeping up with this again, I was doing really good for a while. I've just been so busy with work and tending house and church and most important my hubby! What stinks when you don't update weekly is that you tend to loose receipts for my picture and coupon savings. boo. so heres a picture i took maybe last week of my current "stock pile" goods that i simply have no room for. (on our record player ha) but, currently added to this: 6 garnier fructis products (as shown below in last pic) 4 old spice body wash and two herbal essesnce.


Buddy trying to help me organize my coupons lol



This ^ was tonight's shopping trip, my poor husband, I had four grocery/cvs lists planned out and he was so tired after work and I caved and we only went to King Kullen. My total before was $37 and I paid only $13 after. King Kullen is the only store that will double $1 coupons but they only let you use 5 at one time, (and no you can't separate your transactions , ideally I would plan our four separate transactions to use 20 one dollar coupons, but nope. They won't allow it) 

I've also been putting together a box to send overseas to our troops. A lady does this every month at church and this past Sunday she made an announcement and had a list of things they could use. I went to the dollar store yesterday to pick up some things, (candy, jello, beef jerky, pop tarts) but I will pick up a few other things probably tomorrow, or as late as Saturday. I was surprised to see that on the list WASN'T mentioned toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant etc, I wonder if the military already supplies that kind of stuff for them, they must I am sure. But it is fun putting all these things together that I suppose people aren't typically thinking of ( I know I wasn't) sort of like little extras, like the candy and beef jerky and sweetener and pain relievers/icy hot patches. It feels really good to be buying these things bc I have the money (and the coupons) and donate them, I just wish I could see the men and woman who receive my box and their reaction, thankful I'm sure, but it would be cool to actually see them and feel like I am really making a difference. That is all for now, my hubby is calling me away now because he made dinner, veggie burgers, corn and light potato chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment